Duson Real Estate
Welcome to Duson, Louisiana, a small town with a population of around 1,300 is full of southern charm and hospitality. Established in 1909, Duson has a rich history that is celebrated to this day. From its humble beginnings as a railroad town, Duson has grown into a thriving community with a strong sense of community and pride.
One of the things that makes Duson so special is its delicious Cajun cuisine. You can find fresh seafood cooked in traditional Cajun style at Cajun Claws Seafood Boilers or Rascal’s Cajun Restaurant And the friendly locals are always happy to recommend their favorite spots.
But Duson is more than just great food – it’s also a great place to live. With great public and private schools, including Duson Elementary, Judice Middle, and Acadiana High School, it’s a wonderful place to raise a family. And there are plenty of amenities and activities to keep you busy, from fishing on the bayou to spending time at the local park.
As you explore Duson, you’ll discover its rich history at every turn. From the old train depot that now serves as the town hall to the historic homes that line the streets, Duson is a town that values its past while looking to the future. So what are you waiting for? Come experience the small-town charm and rich history of Duson, Louisiana for yourself. We promise you won’t regret it.
Here’s some things to do in Duson, Louisiana:
- Enjoy Cajun cuisine: Indulge in the delicious local food at one of Duson’s many Cajun restaurants, including crawfish, gumbo, and jambalaya.
- Go fishing: Head to the bayou and try your hand at catching catfish, bass, and other fish.
- Visit a local park: Spend a relaxing afternoon at the Duson Park or the nearby Lafayette Parish Park, both of which offer playgrounds, picnic areas, and sports facilities.
- Take a swamp tour: Explore the natural beauty of the area on a guided swamp tour.
- Visit nearby attractions: Duson is located close to other popular Louisiana attractions such as Lafayette’s downtown district, Avery Island’s Tabasco Factory, and the historic city of New Iberia.
- Attend a local sports event: Cheer on the local high school sports teams or attend a Ragin’ Cajuns game at the nearby University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Go shopping: Browse the unique local shops and boutiques for one-of-a-kind souvenirs and gifts.
- West Village 11
- Mills Terrace 7
- Cottages At West Village 6
- Berchman Oaks 5
- Summerview 3
- Rue Du Belier Cove 3
- Acadiana Place 3
- Bell Heights 2
- Eaton Park 2
- West Village Estates 2
- North State 2
- Duara Heights 2
- Airport 1
- The Quarters At Plantation Ridge 1
- Old South Townhouses 1
- Oakshire 1
- F A Godchaux Addition 1
- Emerald Lake 1
- Orange Drive Subdivision 1
- Westside Park Addition 1
Nicole provided help with contracts on what to do & what not to do, it was a great overall experience.
Lindsey was very professional, friendly, and quick to respond when I contacted her.
Emily was most valuable providing vendor contacts to give sound opinions and all while incredibly patient with us!
Tony was great. He took any and everything I said I wanted and made it happen. If you want quality representation and someone who fights for what u want….go with Tony
Leslie was amazing! Love the extra touches, made us feel important.
Rachel helped to explain entire process. She was readily available to show units.
Kind friendly staff, and top agents to help with any home buying or selling experience! They are truly more concerned about your well being and happiness above anything else!
I did not know anything about the process and was guided and informed by Lori. She made the process easy.
I will remember most how hard Lindsey Reed fought for me. I felt like she wanted me to find a home as badly as I did.
Leslie Guillory is our realtor and she is the best! Like really, she is so calm and patient and smart. Buying a home can be a really scary experience and I have realized how important it is to have a smart realtor who you trust to be on your side. She really made the whole process very pleasant and non-stressful. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a realtor!