Mandeville Living in Mandeville offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes.
Welcome to Mandeville, Louisiana – a charming and historic city situated on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain! Mandeville has a rich history that dates back centuries, with evidence of Native American settlements and French explorers dating back to the 18th century. In the early 19th century, Mandeville was a popular summer destination for wealthy New Orleanians seeking refuge from the city’s heat and disease. The city became known for its beautiful natural surroundings, including its picturesque lakefront and towering oak trees. In the late 19th century, the city began to grow with the arrival of the railroad and the development of a thriving resort industry. The city’s popularity continued to grow through the early 20th century, with the establishment of schools, churches, and businesses that served both residents and visitors.
Today, Mandeville is a vibrant city with a population of approximately 12,500 people and is located in the parish of St. Tammany. Its historic downtown area is home to many locally-owned shops, restaurants, and galleries, while its lakefront is a popular spot for outdoor recreation. Mandeville is also known for its excellent public schools, including Pontchartrain Elementary and Mandeville Middle School, which consistently rank among the best in the state. For those seeking a private education, Northshore Preparatory Academy and Mary Queen of Peace are excellent options.
And when it comes to food, Mandeville has a diverse range of local restaurants to choose from, such as The Beach House, Rusty Pelican, and Bistro Byronz, which offer a taste of the city’s unique cuisine and culture.
In conclusion, Mandeville is a city with a rich history and culture, as well as excellent schools and delicious food. We invite you to come and experience all that Mandeville has to offer – you won’t be disappointed!
Here’s a list of things to do in Mandeville, Louisiana:
- Take a stroll through the historic downtown area, where you can find locally-owned shops, restaurants, and galleries.
- Visit the Mandeville Lakefront, a popular spot for outdoor recreation, including fishing, boating, and picnicking.
- Explore the Tammany Trace, a scenic 31-mile trail that winds through Mandeville and the surrounding areas.
- Visit the Mandeville Trailhead, a community gathering spot that hosts events and festivals throughout the year.
- Take a tour of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum, which showcases the region’s rich maritime history.
- Attend a performance or event at the Dew Drop Jazz & Social Hall, a historic music venue that has been in operation since 1895.
- Visit Fontainebleau State Park, which features hiking trails, a beach, and camping facilities.
- Enjoy some delicious local cuisine at one of Mandeville’s many restaurants, such as The Rusty Pelican or Fazzio’s Restaurant.
- Visit the Mandeville Art Association Gallery, which showcases the work of local artists.
- Take a day trip to nearby attractions, such as the Global Wildlife Center or the Abita Mystery House.
- Mon Cherie 29
- Cypress Meadows 21
- Langlinais Estates 19
- Coteau Ridge 14
- Cane Place 14
- Acadian Lakes 12
- West Village 11
- Picard Farms 11
- Magnolia Lakes 10
- Harvest Trace 10
- Broussard Hills 10
- Magnolia Trace 9
- Sabal Palms 9
- Sunset Terrace 9
- Rural Tract (No Subd) 8
- Beau Savanne 8
- Moss Bluff 8
- Whispering Meadows 7
- Vincent Trace 7
- Charli's Crossing 7
Lena was always keeping us informed by phoning on a regular basis.
Lacey was always available to answer any questions or find the answer if they did not know.
Leslie was amazing! Love the extra touches, made us feel important.
We were referred by a friend to use Rachel Hebert with Keaty Real Estate. She was wonderful and made our first experience buying a home an enjoyable and stress free one! We could not have done this without her.
Nicole provided help with contracts on what to do & what not to do, it was a great overall experience.
I will remember how fast and painless Keaty made buying a home. Who knew this process could be so easy!
Lulu was so sweet and on the ball, she has style and grace when dealing with other realtors.
Lindsey was very professional, friendly, and quick to respond when I contacted her.
Elise was available at all times and eager to help with any need.
I will remember most how hard Lindsey Reed fought for me. I felt like she wanted me to find a home as badly as I did.