Slidell Real Estate
Welcome to Slidell, Louisiana – a charming city located on the North shore of Lake Pontchartrain with a rich history and warm culture. Slidell – with a population just over 27,000 – is a charming and welcoming city with a laid-back and relaxed way of life. The residents of Slidell enjoy a diverse and vibrant community with a strong sense of community spirit.
Slidell has a fascinating history, with strong French and Spanish influence. It was founded in 1882 by John Slidell, a Confederate diplomat and senator, who named the town after himself. Slidell played an important role during World War II, serving as a major training center for the U.S. Navy. Today, the city boasts numerous historical landmarks and museums that offer a glimpse into its storied past.
Slidell has public and private schools, such as Brock Elementary School, Slidell High School, and Salmen High School, that provide excellent education to students of all ages.
The city also offers plenty of dining options, including The Lost Cajun and Southside Cafe, which serve classic-style po’boys and local American dishes.
For those who love the outdoors, Slidell is a paradise. The area is full of outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, kayaking, and more! The city is also home to several parks, including Heritage Park and Bayou Bonfouca Marina, which provide a beautiful setting for picnics and outdoor recreation.
Slidell hosts cultural events and festivals throughout the year, including the Slidell Heritage Festival and the Bayou Jam Concert Series, which showcase the area’s unique culture and charm. With its beautiful scenery, delicious food, great schools, and rich history, Slidell is the perfect place to call home.
If you’re looking for a welcoming community to settle down in, Slidell, Louisiana is the place for you. Experience the warm culture, mouth-watering food, and endless outdoor activities that make Slidell a top destination. Visit Slidell today and discover why it’s the perfect place to call home!
Here’s some things to do in Slidell, Louisiana:
- Visit the Slidell Cultural Center: Located in the heart of Olde Towne, the Slidell Cultural Center offers art exhibits, theatrical performances, and other cultural events.
- Go fishing or boating on Lake Pontchartrain: Slidell is situated on the North shore of Lake Pontchartrain, offering ample opportunities for fishing and boating enthusiasts.
- Explore the Honey Island Swamp: Take a tour of the Honey Island Swamp and witness the beauty of the Louisiana wetlands up close.
- Attend the Slidell Jazz and Blues Festival: Held annually, this festival features live music, food, and arts and crafts vendors.
- Visit the Olde Towne Slidell Antique District: Stroll through the charming historic district and shop for antiques, unique gifts, and souvenirs.
- Attend the Camellia City Farmer’s Market: Held every Saturday, this farmer’s market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products.
- Enjoy the locals favorite restaurants such as Phil’s Marina Cafe, Assunta’s, and more.
- Explore the Slidell Municipal Auditorium: This historic venue hosts concerts, theatrical productions, and other cultural events throughout the year.
- Walk or bike the Tammany Trace: This 31-mile rail-trail runs through Slidell and offers scenic views of the local landscape.
- Visit the Camp Salmen Nature Park: This 130-acre park offers hiking trails, a playground, and a historic sawmill site.
- Mon Cherie 29
- Cypress Meadows 21
- Langlinais Estates 19
- Coteau Ridge 14
- Cane Place 14
- Acadian Lakes 12
- West Village 11
- Picard Farms 11
- Magnolia Lakes 10
- Harvest Trace 10
- Broussard Hills 10
- Magnolia Trace 9
- Sabal Palms 9
- Sunset Terrace 9
- Rural Tract (No Subd) 8
- Beau Savanne 8
- Moss Bluff 8
- Whispering Meadows 7
- Vincent Trace 7
- Charli's Crossing 7
Leslie Guillory is our realtor and she is the best! Like really, she is so calm and patient and smart. Buying a home can be a really scary experience and I have realized how important it is to have a smart realtor who you trust to be on your side. She really made the whole process very pleasant and non-stressful. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a realtor!
I did not know anything about the process and was guided and informed by Lori. She made the process easy.
Carrie was extremely knowledgeable and professional. She helped answer all of our questions quickly and effectively.
Lindsey was very professional, friendly, and quick to respond when I contacted her.
Tony always went above and beyond to get us the information we requested.
Kind friendly staff, and top agents to help with any home buying or selling experience! They are truly more concerned about your well being and happiness above anything else!
I will remember how this transaction brought two families so close and Alison never felt like an agent she was more like family.
Lena is great at educating first time homebuyers and patient in their learning process.
Lindsey was available 24/7! She was a master negotiator!
Rachel helped to explain entire process. She was readily available to show units.